IMPORTANT THINGS SOMEONE WOULD MISS ABOUT MY CULTURAL IDENTITY JUST BY DEFINING ME BY MY RACE APPEARANCE
PROMPT
If someone tried to understand me using only my race, they would miss many important things about who I am. My race is one part of my identity, but it does not explain my whole personality, experiences, or background. Three other important parts of my cultural identity are my family, Tradition and my experiences, or background. All the above have made me who I am today, appreciate my background, make interactions, kindness, being there for the people I care about and also shape the way I think about things.
SUMMARY
Race is only one part of my identity. My family,traditions, culture and personal experiences also play an important role in making me who I am. If someone only knew my race, they would not understand all the things that have influenced my personality and the way I see the world.
REFLECTION
This PROMPT made me realize that a person's identity is much more complicated than what they look like. Everyone has different experiences, traditions, values, and relationships that help shape them. I think it is important not to judge or understand someone based only on their race because there is so much more to every person. I am proud of the different parts of my identity that have helped me become who I am today.
Comments
Post a Comment